19 June 2007

New equipment

Well yesterday was my birthday and I was lucky enough to receive quite a few photography related presents.

I'm now the proud owner of a Logan 301-S mount cutter which will allow me to create my own mounts for photographs and give me greater flexibility in choosing what format and size I want to display my photos in. I just need to make a visit to Lion in Slough to get myself a supply of quality mountboard.

A new Nikon 50mm f1.8 lens is also sitting in my camera bag and initial shots that I've taken have come out really well. The lens itself is pretty small in size but is perfect for portraits and creating fantastic depth of field shots where I need the creative control. I'm really looking forward to using this lens a lot over the coming months and years.

I also received a couple of books which will really help me to improve my photography further and provide a great source of reference.

No comments: