5 February 2015

More competition success!

I'm really pleased to announce that a series of my images have just won me a competition at my local photographic society (XRR PS).  The theme of the competition was 'A place of your choice' and had to show 5 images on that theme.

The images I chose were of a winter's morning in Staffordshire which were taken in and around the Shugborough Estate and Trent & Mersey Canal near the village of Great Haywood, Staffordshire this last Christmas.

Following the snowfall we had over Christmas, I went out for an early walk one morning when it was still almost minus 4c but the light was fantastic.  There was mist drifting over the fields and canal which combined with the snow and hoar frost gave a real winter wonderland look and feel to my shots.  It was worth braving those sub zero temperatures for the two hours I was out photographing the various locations.

Anyway, here are my images (you can click on them for a larger view).  Hope you like them!  Feel free to add any comments below and thanks for looking.

Staffordshire Winter's Morn no1 - ©John Wood Photography 2015


Staffordshire Winter's Morn no2 - ©John Wood Photography 2015


Staffordshire Winter's Morn no3 - ©John Wood Photography 2015

Staffordshire Winter's Morn no4 - ©John Wood Photography 2015


Staffordshire Winter's Morn no5 - ©John Wood Photography 2015

No comments: