5 July 2008

Getting used to the new toy!

Well, I finally did it. I've got myself a new Nikon D300 and MB-D10 battery grip!

We were going to Canada in early June and the opportunity arose that was too good to miss out on. It had a great two and a half weeks shooting in western Canada and I'm really pleased with the results so far.

It feels absolutely solid in the hand and the controls are pretty easy to get used to. Having used the D70s for a few years now the controls and settings are in similar places but there are just so many more of them!

The camera was put through it's paces over the trip to Canada and was used in a complete range of locations for photography ranging from the Pacific Rim National Park on the west coast of Vancouver Island, through to the downtown streets of Calgary and just about most places in between!

The 3 inch lcd screen is a real bonus at checking detail of shots and the 51 point AF system is pretty mad too!

I've only had a quick scan through the images I took and processed a couple which are already up on my Flickr pages. I think it's going to take me some time to go through them all and do final edits.

All I want to do is get out there and use it now - all the time!!

No comments: