21 November 2013

Prize winning prortrait

I'm delighted to announce that one of my portraits has led to me retaining a trophy for the third year in a row at my local photographic society in the annual 'People/Person' set subject competition.  This image scored a maximum 20 out of 20 and helped secure my win.

The shot was of a father and his 6 week old baby girl and is one of my personal favourites as I feel it shows the amazing connection between the two subjects.  I call the image ' Unconditional Love' which says it all I feel.

Here it is:

'Unconditional Love' by John Wood Photography / Bump2Baby Portraits ©
 

I've had the pleasure of photographing the family over the last year or so, starting with a maternity shoot with the mum and her partner and then a series of shoots every few months as the little girl has grown.  These are one of my favourite types of shoot as you really get to see how a new life changes over time and also you invariably become good friends with the parents.  I certainly look forward to photographing the growing family in the years to come.

Do get in touch if you are interested in having a family portrait taken for yourselves or if you would like to purchase a gift voucher to give someone as a unique present this coming Christmas.

No comments: