10 March 2009

Bits and bobs

Can't believe it's been over a month since my last post. Time certainly flies! It's been a busy month - though not photography wise unfortunately.

I had a week's holiday towards the end of February and spent some time up on the Suffolk coast near to Southwold and Aldeburgh. I had a bit of a foray into landscape work again and also had a try at some more HDR work which was fun. I've posted a few images on my flickr photostream that I took whilst I was away.

Unfortunately the weather wasn't really ideal for photography but I made the best out of it as I could. I got to visit some areas that I went on childhood holidays to and it really did bring back some good memories. Hopefully I'll be able to return at some point in the next couple of years.

Other things that have been happening include the good news that I have been booked to provide the event photography for a charity ball in May with around 200 attendees. My first go at event photography in February this year was a good learning experience and has helped me to refine my workflow and given me a taster of things to come. I'm also going to be offering a chance for guests to bid for a portrait session with me in the charity auction at the event. At least I've got some time to prepare!

Finally for this post, I came across a really inspiring post called "Transform" over on Zack Arias's blog that he did for fellow photographer Scott Kelby over in the States. The post is a video blog that Zack made and really shows some inner feelings of a talented photographer and how even the most dedicated can hit the buffers some time. If you have a spare 10mins, it really is worth having a watch of it here.

That's about it for now. The next post is a follow up to my maternity shoot with Sarah back in early February.

No comments: