22 August 2007

Time goes by!

Well it's certainly been a busy old month since the last post! I've been pretty busy with things and have a lot of photos to process. Managed to get up to Crosby to see Anthony Gormley's 'Another Palce' statues on the beach. They were certainly quite a sight - seeing 100 life size statues all facing out to sea in different positions on the beach. Got some good moody shots as the sun set with stormy skies approaching. Just need to sort out and tidy up the good shots.

I've also been to a wedding in the Lake District - first time up there for a few years. It was one of my wife's uni friends who got married and I managed to get a lot of great photos throughout the day. I got all of the photos processed in Photoshop and sent up to them before they got back from their honeymoon. I'd also taken the plunge and bought the Proshow Gold AV creation software and this gave me a chance to put it through it's paces and create a finished project. I was certainly very pleased with the end result and by the sounds of it so were the new happy couple - we got a message to say that she had cried throughout the whole DVD I'd created for them and it brought back all the happy memories. I hope that's a good sign!!!

Being in the Lake District gave me a good chance to get some photos while we were up there. Although the weather wasn't generally great, I did get some good shots at Stockghyll Force and down at Lake Windermere as well as a few other locations.

Here's a shot from Windermere:



A couple of weeks ago I also managed to get out on one of the camera club's summer walks to the Withey Beds Nature Reserve near Rickmansworth. Was really please I went along as it was well worth the trip. Got some great macro plant shots and even a stunning close up of a stag beetle with my Sigma 70mm f2.8 lens.

Last Saturday, Caroline, a friend of my wife's was over and the two of them were heading out for the night. She asked if I could take a couple of photos as she wanted a new Facebook profile photo. Not to waste an opportunity I put the Nikkor 50mm f1.8 lens on the camera and snapped away for a few minutes. I got a good selection of shots that I was able to play about with in Photoshop and give her a cd when they got back from their night out. Also had another go with Proshow Gold to good effect. Here is one fo the shots of Caroline:


All in all it's been a good but busy month.

No comments: